Sunday, 10 November 2013

MatchDay Review: Manchester United 1-0 Arsenal

Manchester United defense line was shaky at the start. United had a promising start as they left no room for surprises for the visiting Gunners. 6 minutes into the game, the midfield was at United's possession, whilst they had difficulties breaking through Arsenal's defense.

Wayne Rooney made his first goal attempt in the 9th minute, but his shot got blocked and spinning into the diving arms of Szczesny. Evans made some wrong moves at the defense, but aided by ever watchful Gea. It was noted that about 81 percent of the game was played at the midfield. Cazorla made a dangerous move at United's half, he almost slipped through United's defense, but was stopped by Patrick Evra.

Rooney got down the left flank and made a brilliant cross towards Van Persie, Vermaelen did excellently to head out for a corner.

The goal came in the 27th minutes, when Robin Van Persie former Gunner opened the scoring with a super header at the near post, the goal which gave David Moyes side a lead over the visiting Gunners. RVP's immediately motivated the visitors into action, as they made some advances towards the host 18 yard. Their efforts won them a free kick, but Ozil the German failed to convert it to a goal. Frustrated Sagna received his first yellow, when hacked down Evra.

From the start of the game till the 32 minute, Arsenal were so poor in ball possession. Giroud and Cazorla took their turn, by pumping pressure on United.

Rooney made his way forward in the 39th minute, where he was shoved down in Arsenal's 18 box, he fumed as he the referee refused to award him a penalty. Phil Jones and Mathieu Flamini also saw yellow.
Rooney vs Ozil
Vidic got caught if De Gea's punch some few minutes before half time.

Second half began with Vidic being replaced by Cleverly. Arsenal came into the second half with the determination of snatching 3 point from Manchester United. No doubt they were better of in the second half, with several attempts on United's goal. But David Moyes boys stood their ground and defended their win, until the end of the game.

The hosts' desire to take the game to the Gunners in the first 45 minutes paid off. Arsene Wenger's men left it until the 59th minute to register their first shot on target, and although they threatened towards the end, it was too little too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment